The Fashion Council Germany eV is aware that the security of your private information is an important concern when you use our website. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Therefore, we want you to know when we store which data and how we use it. We would therefore like to inform you about our data protection measures with this data protection declaration.
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, eg name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior. The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is Ms. Marie-Louise Berg, FASHION COUNCIL GERMANY eV, Meinekestr. 12, 10719 Berlin, office @ fashion-councilgermany.
org (see our imprint).
(2) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations.
(3) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to the data concerning you
Right of access,
Right of rectification or erasure,
Right to restrict processing,
Right to object to processing,
Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of more informational use of the website, ie if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS -GVO):
Date and time of the request
Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of the request (concrete page)
Access status / HTTP status code
Data volume transferred in each case
Website from which the request comes
Operating system and its interface
Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the body that sets the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (for this purpose b)
- Persistent cookies (for this purpose c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
4 newsletters (via the provider MailChimp)
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current activities and events in our association.
(2) The registration for our newsletter takes place in a so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after registration you will receive an email in which you are asked to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that no one can register with other email addresses. The registrations to the newsletter are logged in order to be able to prove the registration process according to the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the registration and confirmation time, as well as the IP address.
Similarly, the changes to your data stored with MailChimp
(3) The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. [The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally]. After your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) The newsletter is sent using "MailChimp", a newsletter sending platform from the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE # 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. The email addresses of our newsletter recipients, as well as their other data described in this notice, are stored on MailChimp's servers in the USA. MailChimp uses this information for the dispatch and for the
Evaluation of the newsletter on our behalf. Furthermore, according to its own information, MailChimp may use this data to optimize or improve its own services, eg for the technical optimization of the dispatch and the presentation of the newsletters or for economic purposes in order to determine from which countries the recipients come. However, MailChimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them themselves or to pass them on to third parties.
(5) We trust in the reliability and IT and data security of MailChimp. MailChimp is certified under the US-EU data protection agreement "Privacy Shield" and thus undertakes to comply with the EU data protection requirements. Furthermore, we have concluded a "Data Processing Agreement" with MailChimp (available at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/forms/data-processing-agreement/). This is a contract in which MailChimp undertakes to protect the data of our users, to process the data on our behalf in accordance with its data protection provisions, and to provide us with the necessary information.
(6) The newsletters contain a so-called "web beacon", ie a pixel-sized file that is retrieved from the MailChimp server when the newsletter is opened. Within the scope of this retrieval, technical information, such as information about the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and the time of the retrieval are initially collected. This information is used for the technical improvement of the services based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behavior based on their retrieval locations (which can be determined with the help of the IP address) or the access times.
(7) The statistical surveys also include the determination of whether the newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to individual newsletter recipients. However, it is neither our intention nor that of MailChimp to observe individual users. The evaluations serve us much more to recognize the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.
(8) There are cases in which we direct newsletter recipients to the websites of MailChimp. For example, our newsletters contain a link with which the newsletter recipients can call up the newsletter online (eg in the event of display problems in the email program). Furthermore, newsletter recipients can change their data, such as the email address, at a later date.
(10) You can cancel the receipt of our newsletter at any time, ie revoke your consent. With this, your consents to its dispatch via MailChimp and the statistical analyzes expire at the same time. A separate revocation of the dispatch via MailChimp or the statistical analysis is unfortunately not possible. You will find a link to cancel the newsletter at the end of each newsletter.
(11) In accordance with the requirements of the provisions in force from 25 May 2018.
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we inform you that the consent to the sending of e-mail addresses is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, 7 GDPR as well as § 7 para. 2 No. 3, or para. 3 UWG. The use of the dispatch service provider MailChimp, the performance of statistical surveys and analyzes as well as the logging of the registration process are carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.f GDPR. Our interest is directed towards the use of a user-friendly and secure newsletter system that serves our business interests as well as the expectations of the users.
(12) We would also like to point out that you have the right to object to the future processing of your data.
personal data in accordance with the legal requirements pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR at any time. The objection can be made in particular against the processing for purposes of direct advertising.
§ 5 social media
1. use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Instagram]. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the marking on the box above its initial letter or logo. We open up the possibility for you to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked box and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have called up the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data stored under
§ 3 of this declaration. In the case of Facebook and Instagram, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, your personal data is transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects the data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser's security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We have neither influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for non-logged-in users) for the display of needs-based advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network.
about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit.f GDPR.
(4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be directly assigned to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link to the page, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account and share it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this allows you to avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers communicated below. There you will also receive further information about your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection notices:
a) [Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA;
further information on data collection:
Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(b) Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA;
2. Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are based on
http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", which means that no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 are transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission].
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to have your data associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and / or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
personal data also in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
3. Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function comfortably.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and / or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
1. conclusion of the "Data Processing Agreement" with MailChimp.